- School Info
- About Us
- English Department
- Fine Arts Department
- Math Department
- Physical Education Department
- Science Department
- Social Studies Department
- Special Education/Support Services
- World Language Department
- Biomedical Sciences Pathway
- Engineering and Design Pathway
ATTENDANCE SECRETARIES & INFORMATION
- When coming to school late, the student must bring a note to the office (or) call thier attendance secretary, sign in and receive a pass to class.
- When leaving school early, the student must bring a note to school (or) call their attendance secretary, show the note to his/her teacher (or) pick up a pass from thier attendance secretary and sign out.
Medical/Dental/Optometric Appointments (with a medical slip from the doctor’s office only)
Religious Retreat (no more than 4 hours per semester)
Approved School-Related Activities
Observation of Religious Holidays
Employment Conference (requested by parent)
- Junior Year: are allowed TWO days excused for OFFICIAL COLLEGE VISITS.
- Senior Year: are allowed THREE days excused for OFFICIAL COLLEGE VISITS.
INDEPENDENT STUDY REQUESTS
- 5-10 day Independent Study Contract must be requested at least five school days in advance.
- 11+ day Independent Study Contract must be requested (and the Principal must be contacted) at least seven school days in advance.
MISSING THE LAST TEN SCHOOL DAYS FOR 2022-23Students should be in attendance through the last day of school, June 1, 2023, to maintain their enrollment status at their current school. Independent study contracts will not be issued the last 10 days of school. All independent Study contract work must be finished and submitted by May 17, 2023 in order for work to be graded and attendance to be recorded.
If your child must leave school earlier than 10 school days before the last day of school and does not return before the end of the school year, your child may be subject to the following consequences:
- Incomplete or lowered final grades
- Review by school/district attendance review board
- Unenrolled and placed on the waitlist upon re-enrollment, if space is not available.
In accordance with California Education Codes 48205 and 48260, and District Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 5113, any student who misses 3 or more school days without a valid excuse, as defined by AR 5113, shall be reported as truant to the District attendance supervisor.
MISSING THE FIRST THREE DAYS OF SCHOOL 2023-24As you plan your summer vacation, be aware that school begins on Thursday, August 10, 2023. Some of our schools are very full and may have wait lists.
- If your child does not attend the first three days of school, your student may lose their space at your resident school site and be diverted to another school. If there is not space at your resident school when you return, your child will be placed at the closest school based on space availability.
- If you know your student will be missing the first three days, or more, of school please send an email to the principal and office manager/attendance staff at your student’s school site.