Budget- All head coaches must submit a budget prior to any expenditures. Please contact Trisa Kentemail@example.com, to submit a budget. All budgets must be approved by Trisa and the athletic director.
Purchases - obtain pre-approval for all purchases
- Complete the highlighted items on the form
Reimbursement - original receipt required for eligible items; should be submitted in timely fashion (within 2 weeks)
Fundraising- All fundraisers need prior approval from athletic director, and bookkeeper by submitting a fundraising request form.
Key differences / items of importance:
· Use accrual basis accounting (record expense/purchase order at the time of order, not when receive goods/service)
· Subject to exactly the same rules as all other district funds
· Coaches cannot receive gifts from players using team funds (parent/parent groups must purchase on own)
· Awards to student athletes:
o End of Season: unlimited amount of awards in the form of plaque, trophy of certificate; 3 paid by Athletic Director funds (and sport patches paid by AD);
o Senior Night: award for achievement to Seniors for dedication to Cal High, can consist of a gift but must be less than $200 each (i.e. football helmet, flowers, tshirt, etc);
o Homecoming: award to cheerleaders for exemplary achievement in athletics
· Purchasing of services, equipment and supplies is centralized in the Purchasing Department
o Generally items/services >$200 require purchase requisition form (tournament entry fees, block of hotel rooms, end of season banquet, uniforms, etc)
· Reimbursement for items/services <$200 require reimbursement form
· Ineligible items for reimbursement: gifts or gift cards, loans to students, alcohol, flowers, payments to employees for services rendered, textbooks, software, charitable donations, chemicals or hazardous materials
· All reimbursements must be accompanied by complete and appropriate backup. Reimbursements require original, itemized receipts:
o Internet receipts must be accompanied by proof of delivery/shipping and method of payment (ie credit card statement).
o Receipts must indicate the vendor name, the total amount paid and method of payment.
o Receipts cannot include personal expenses.
o List the name or purpose of the event if the receipts are for food or meeting supplies and include names of attendees.
· If there are no funds available in the team account, reimbursement may be denied or delayed.