- Cal High Athletics
- Athletic Boosters
- Athletic Online Registration
- Fall Sports Teams
- Winter Sports Teams
- Spring Sports Teams
- Athletics Resources
1. Support your child and attend as many contests as possible.
2. Avoid putting pressure on your son/daughter to start, score, or be the star of the team.
3. Support the coach in public around other parents and fans.
4. Avoid speaking negatively about the coach in front of your child. It may create a major barrier in the child’s hope for improvement in the sport.
5. Understand the ultimate purpose of athletics. It exists as an integral part of the total educational mission of the school, and participation in athletics is a privilege and not a right.
6. Serve as good role models for the students, athletes, and other fans.
7. Contribute as members of the booster club. This means volunteering to help with projects and committees.
8. Appreciate the educational opportunity that your child is receiving in our athletic program. This includes the enormous time and effort provided by the coach.
9. Attend the pre-season parents’ meeting.
10. Serve as beacons of good sportsmanship.
11. Show respect to everyone involved in high school athletics—the coach, athletes, fans, officials, and administrators.
12. Follow the chain of command at California High School when you have a concern.
13. Express concerns and questions in a courteous and civil manner and do it at the right time and in the proper setting.
14. Abide by all regulations, and procedures for our athletic program.
15. Understand that the goals of the team and athletic program are more important than the hopes and dreams you have for your child.
16. Avoid constant and chronic complaining.